Tuesday 6 August 2013

Leaving things behind

On Sunday, Javin and I returned to school, along with some other friends, to watch our freshies perform for their own freshies as OGLs. A myriad of different emotions surfaced in me as I watched my own freshies carrying out the same responsibilities as I did a year ago as their OGL.

I was absolutely thrilled to see everyone again and to laugh with them even though it has been one year since we all were the closest thing on earth for those few days of camp. It was difficult for me to meet up with my freshies for the past year because of my busy schedule and also because I went for exchange for half a year, but they still welcomed me wholeheartedly when I returned on Sunday. It was such a warm feeling to be remembered and still be included by them.

Javin and I felt really proud that our freshies were all so involved in school activities and giving it their all. I could really feel their effort, and most importantly, their spirit. It was then that I realised that we played a big role as part of their first major experience in our school. Hearing them say how much they miss their freshmen orientation and us... I felt touched, because in all our hard work, we were able to leave something good behind for them.

That day, I really wished we could return to orientation days. However, I also knew that our time has passed. All good things come to an end, but to grieve the end is an experience well made; every end is the beginning of yet another amazing experience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com
Fonts: Code by Fontfabric, Shelter Me by Kimberly Geswein