Monday 5 August 2013

Friday and Saturday

I had a lovely weekend. On Friday night I met up with my friends whom I went for exchange with for supper. We had prata and tau huey. I was not intending to have much for supper because of a shoot on Sunday, but in the happy company of my friends and all that delicious food in front of me, it's difficult to reject. I didn't regret it anyway, especially not the kaya prata. Thinking about it makes me wish I had one in front of me right now.

Saturday was pretty simple. I feel like I suffer from short-term memory loss because right now I can't remember what I did before I went to the gym and having Blackball for dessert.

Going to the gym is always so therapeutic. I used to dance a lot in my younger years as a teenager, then I did yoga for a period of time, then fitness classes... Right now I exercise mainly in the gym. When I was about fourteen, there was a short period of time when I went to the gym and swam pretty regularly, for vanity reasons probably, but I stopped because I thought weights were making me look big. I started going back to the gym last June, mainly due to the influence of Javin, feeling sluggish from not exercising as regularly as I used to and wanting to challenge myself. Javin also promised that weights will not make me look big haha.

While I was still in Singapore, going to the gym was a way to spend time with Javin amidst studying, projects and school, but it became a little different ever since I went to Korea for exchange. Javin didn't study in the same school as me, so I was always in the gym alone. Since then, gym became a quiet time for me to just relax and reflect. I always feel it's easier to connect to my inner self when I exercise. Physically, I am still experimenting a lot and finding out more about my body and how it responds to exercise, but I am learning slowly! (:

Off to meet Javin and my friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com
Fonts: Code by Fontfabric, Shelter Me by Kimberly Geswein