Thursday 16 January 2014

Word.

As I write this I have my earphones plugged in at the highest possible volume that can drown out all the chattering going on around me without causing deafening effects. Is it earphones or earpiece anyway? Or headphones? I can't tell the difference. Why do we have so many words anyway? The specificity of words should help us express ourselves more accurately and more clearly, but sometimes I feel like it can cause misunderstandings when different people use the same word differently and feel differently towards different words. Whoa, too many "different"s in one sentence. Kinda got me stunned for a while.

So many words in the world, yet no one word to accurately describe all the best feelings in the world. That explicitness yet ambiguity in words, writing and language is one of the things that makes them beautiful. Words are strung together to try to describe something intangible and define it as closely as possible. It's never 100 per cent accurate, but we manage go beyond the words and get it anyway; we feel it anyway, and it's a wonderful feeling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com
Fonts: Code by Fontfabric, Shelter Me by Kimberly Geswein