Wednesday 29 January 2014

Remembering

Did the annual packing of Javin's room with him in preparation for Chinese New Year last night. Went through his clothes and went through a lot of memories. The winter clothes he wore during our stay in Korea still had that familiar smell. We packed until past midnight and I was pretty tired, but hearing that it was a heavy load off Javin's chest and his sincere words of appreciation, made it all worthwhile.

Times like this I feel how womanly I actually am compared to him. Albeit growing up in a modernising society, I guess I still take pride in and embrace my feminine role in my relationship. Javin can't fold and pack as neatly as I do and it made him ask if I could help him do so for the rest of our lives. Aww... Obviously I said yes but I hope he know that it doesn't count as a proposal hahaha

In the car ride back home, we saw construction workers along the MRT line. Maybe they were fixing the problem that caused me cab to school last Monday. In that moment when I saw groups after groups of them working on the tracks in the dark with helmet lights, I suddenly felt so grateful. Despite all the typical complaints that Singaporeans have, I'm thankful for these people who work hard and contribute to our country. Our day is their night and our night has become their day. Some people are over-appreciated and some people are severely under-appreciated.

Javin and I discussed this for a bit in the car. Such discussions really reinforce my belief that I am with the right person to build a meaningful relationship with. As I grow older, I find it difficult to "click" with people on a deeper level because we all develop our own set of values (moral ones hopefully) that we abide by. Javin is, therefore, a very special person to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Valerie! Your relationship with Javin gives me hope :) stay loving!!!!!

Have a great CNY babe!

val said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@AnonymousHi dear, that's very nice to hear. Thank you and happy CNY to you!!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Valerie, may I know what apps/filters you use to edit your photos? You're really gorgeous btw! :)

val said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@AnonymousHi thank you! You mean those on my blog or instagram? I use Snapseed and/or Afterlight for my instagram photos (: if you need more info let me know.

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com
Fonts: Code by Fontfabric, Shelter Me by Kimberly Geswein