Wednesday 11 September 2013

Azure

Fussi Ruffle Top from MGP

Photography is one of Daddy's hobbies and he wants to try taking photographs of people but Mom doesn't like him to take photos of other females, so I guess only my sisters and I can be his subjects. Hence, these photos! I look forward to our mini double D (Daddy-Daughter hehe) project. It will be really nice bonding sessions (:
Speaking of Daddy, I was thinking about how capable he is, as a father/husband/man. It got me wondering - will I ever be as capable as him in all these aspects of life? The fortune teller said that I don't have to be ambitious because apparently I'm born to live my life simply without much ups and downs. I'm not too sure about that because she was wrong about some of my past, but I do have expectations of myself and goals I want to reach.
Ever since exchange, I've realised how much I do not know about my daddy. There is so much responsibility on his shoulders, so many lives at stake, yet not once did he bring back any frustration or stress back home. He has always been so chirpy in front of us that the intensity of hardship in the outside world never was that clear in my mind.
Through the years, Daddy started to share more of his worries to me, partly because I was becoming more mature and sensible as I experienced more of life, but also because I'm the eldest child. I understood that if anything happened to him, the next person who will take over his responsibilities is not Mommy, but me. I don't even think I am 10 per cent as capable as him.
I realised how much he loves all of us and how hard he has worked to bring all of us up, so the least I can do is to take good care of him and Mommy in their retirement years. He really deserves it. I just wish that I had been there for him earlier, so he didn't have to take all these responsibilities by himself. He probably didn't need my help, but I just feel lousy as a daughter sometimes because I am not doing my best for the family when he is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com
Fonts: Code by Fontfabric, Shelter Me by Kimberly Geswein