Thursday 12 December 2013

March in Seoul: Leeum, Samsung Museum of Art


Temperatures were still low for the first few weeks while we were in Seoul, so we visited museums since we could stay indoors and didn't have to bear the harsh winds outside. I'm really bad with cold weather.

This was my favourite museum. There were two museums, one for traditional Korean art and the other for modern art. The architecture was beautiful. I enjoyed the traditional Korean art museum more though. I really liked the traditional calligraphy, vases and paintings. I want to put calligraphy or Asian paintings in my future home because they have such a calming effect and I think they're really beautiful in a silent, simple way. I couldn't really appreciate the pieces in the modern art museum. It was too complicated and bizarre for me.

If anyone had time for only one museum in Seoul, this would be it.

Leeum, Samsung Museum of Art (삼성미술관 리움)
60-16, Itaewon-ro 55-gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul (Hannam-dong)
서울특별시 용산구 이태원로55길 60-16 (한남동)
Hangangjin Station (Subway Line 6), Exit 1
More information here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com
Fonts: Code by Fontfabric, Shelter Me by Kimberly Geswein