Friday 8 May 2015

USA // New York 3.1 - Shopping in NYC at 34th Street

On the second day we went back to 34th Street to walk around more of the shops. I think we spent almost the whole of our first week in New York in shopping areas. There are just. So. Many. Shops. So many brands that we can't find in Singapore.

Consumer spending is high in US so there are just tons and tons (did I say tons?) of choices for shopping. Groceries, makeup, clothes... It's crazy. Be prepared to be overwhelmed by the amount of products they have.

Around Macy's, there are a lot of huge stand-alone stores, including the world's biggest Michael Kors flagship store with three or four levels, I forgot. It's currently the only store in the world that has the Michael Kors Men collections. They even have a pool table at the Men's level.

Is Michael Kors cheaper in the US? It depends on the exchange rate. When I was there, it was about SGD 1.4 = 1 USD so not much of a difference. I couldn't really compare though, because the designs there are very new and you can't find them in Singapore. The designs over there make the designs in Singapore look so outdated!!! I really wish I got this gorgeous bag there but I hadn't visited the outlets yet so I decided to forgo it first sigh in the end we never came back

Similarly, Aldo had a lot of new designs that aren't in Singapore yet even after being back for a month. Regret not getting my neon yellow strap sandals.

My favourite store here was Victoria's Secret. It is huge. You can't miss it. When I stepped in I was overwhelmed by the size of store. And all the decor! It was a very interesting experience. Everything they did for store experience from the music to the scent was on point and very convincing. I'm not sure about whether it's cheaper than in Singapore because I don't buy VS stuff but if you'd like to have an idea, I asked about a bra and it was 60 USD (lol it's the only price I remember)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com
Fonts: Code by Fontfabric, Shelter Me by Kimberly Geswein