Wednesday 6 May 2015

USA // New York 2 - Rockefeller Center, Herald Square


After the first night at our new apartment in Manhattan, we were ready for exploring the city! The day before we met a friend for dinner after unpacking and didn't get to do much, but we did a lot more the next day.

Our apartment was near Columbus Circle, which is at the Southwest corner of Central Park. A pretty good location with many lines. Plus the area was nice!


The sight I see everyday when I get to the subway at Columbus Circle


The iconic yellow taxis of New York City

We heard there was a Whole Foods Supermarket near our place, so we headed there for a power-packed and healthy brunch:



I love Whole Foods! It was one of the cheaper alternatives for us that wasn't pizza or burger. It's an organic supermarket with a food area where there are rows of salad, hot foods and desserts for you to put in paper boxes. When I was there, the food cost USD 8.99 per pound. There's even a sushi bar!

Headed to Rockefeller Center after our satisfying brunch.



Was very excited about the day ahead so snapped lots of photos at the subway station while waiting for the train, which takes forever to come compared to trains in Singapore.


He who wears suits everywhere


Wassup


Selfie attempt #1


Selfie attempt #2


What are you doing always trying to be in my selfie.......


A proper one


Train finally arrived and off we went to Rockefeller Center



Rockefeller Center!


Spot the hobo on the right

Javin forced me to go into this Lego shop. Men and their legos. Just had a talk with my girlfriends that day about their boyfriends loving lego.





P.S. I was forced to take a photo with this lego statue

Now, my favourite part of the entire day.


Magnolia Bakery!

We didn't even plan to go here because we didn't know there was a store here but so glad we stumbled upon it because their banana bread pudding is amazing.

After satisfying my tummy, we headed to Herald Square to check out the shopping.


Nothing much to me, just the usual departmental store stuff. The sides of the escalator were made of wood because it's a very old departmental store. The outside still maintains its old facade, but the inside is totally modern, except the escalators.

I have no idea what the area is officially called, but around Macy's there are many huge stores for brands like H&M, Victoria's Secret, Aldo, GAP etc.

We headed to BCD Tofu House for dinner.




I was looking through the photos and saw this...


Noddin ma head real fast HAHA





It's said that BCD serves the best soondubu (Korean tofu stew) in New York. I didn't get to try others because we kept coming back here for the soondubu, but I wouldn't think otherwise having tried it. I can say that it is one of the best I've ever had, even compared to those in Seoul. The japchae was very good too.

I feel hungry just looking at these photos.

1 comments:

anne said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

eh you revived your blog!! HAHA. love your nyc pics so far hehe can't wait to go!!! also i legit lmfao-ed at the fast nodding head photo HAHAHAHAHAHA

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com
Fonts: Code by Fontfabric, Shelter Me by Kimberly Geswein