Monday 1 June 2015

USA // New York 9.1 - Brooklyn Brunchin'

How Javin looks when he drinks his drink
 vs how I look when I drink mine
 One of the best dishes I had in New York!
 Brunch with a view ;)
The weather seemed warmer so we headed out of Manhattan and into Brooklyn to explore Williamsburg. Finally!! Javin was really excited about this place because we heard that there were a lot of menswear stores there. It's also known to be upcoming, hip, indie etc etc.

We started off with brunch at Fives Leaves (not Four Leaves ah Singaporeans this is upgraded hahaha), which turned out to be one of the best meals I had in New York. It's a bit of a walk from the station but it was worth it! From the outside it didn't seem like much, but when we entered, we were greeted with chatter and a lively ambience. Woody elements with lots of light made the place feel very comfortable. As we were shown our way to our table, I couldn't help gawking at everyone's food! Everything looked so delicious.

We got truffle fries, mushroom toast and ricotta pancakes to share. The truffle fries and ricotta pancakes were highly raved about on Yelp but the star of the meal for me was the mushroom toast! Oh I wish I could have it now. The gravy reminds me of ikea's meatball gravy.

Five Leaves
18 Bedford Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11222
b/t Nassau Ave & Lorimer St
Greenpoint

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com
Fonts: Code by Fontfabric, Shelter Me by Kimberly Geswein