Friday 7 February 2014

CNY dinner with my uni mates

Taking some time off even though it's past 2 am to think and embrace this very moment. It has been a while since I've spent such time. Writing this as I plug into some chillwave. Bliss in its own way.

Today I met my Year 1/2 classmates for dinner to celebrate Chinese New Year. I felt really happy because I haven't seen them in a long while and attendance, though not full, was excellent. The atmosphere was so good that I joined them for some CNY gambling, even though it was late and I was kinda tired. We played blackjack over mini magnums. I knew that I would enjoy myself in their company and I needed/missed that very much. We had so much fun that we decided to make this a yearly tradition.

I'm so glad I met this bunch of people whom I feel aren't too caught up with the rat race. They are sincere and genuine, the best kind of people to be with. We don't hang out often as a big group, but everything still feels the same and I still feel that sense of belonging :')

Being with them made me feel like I was in Year 1 again. That was one of the best/happiest times of my life. I didn't have real things to think about. I was really happy. Besides the occasional melancholy that I fell into while thinking unnecessarily, I was generally very happy. I miss such times very much.

Thank you guys, I really appreciate having such wonderful people as friends.

Yet another thing to be thankful for (:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com
Fonts: Code by Fontfabric, Shelter Me by Kimberly Geswein