Thursday 4 June 2015

USA // NY 9.2 - Out and about in Williamsburg, Brooklyn

Trench Coat from FASH MOB

We were stuffed from our meal but I insisted on heading to Peter Pan Donut & Pastry Shop because I saw good ratings on Yelp. I don't know if I got the wrong donut, but my toasted coconut donut (forgot if that was the exact name) was way too creamy and buttery. I should have gone for the classic glazed donut instead. Anyway, if you're interested in checking it out, I heard the honey dipped, old fashion cruller, apple crumb and red velvet are good. I must mention, though, that I think Dough's donuts win Peter Pan's hands down.

After my very unsatsifying donut, we walked towards Bedford Avenue, where you'll find many vintage shops and other clothing stores like Ugly Luggage (antique furniture and houseware) and In God We Trust (a casualwear New York label selling apparel, jewellery and accessories. I love the jewellery here!). There's also Mast Brothers Chocolate, a chocolatier with innovative flavours like Maple. We got Stumptown Coffee, which didn't taste like much at first, but was better towards the end. Not really my thing though and I prefer Awfully Chocolate for the price. If you're into coffee, try Blue Bottle Coffee! It's pretty famous. I didn't try it because I had been having too much coffee so I opted for a smoothie from Juice Press instead. My absolute favourite smoothie chain in New York.

Peter Pan Donut & Pastry Shop
727 Manhattan Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11222
b/t Meserole Ave & Norman Ave
Greenpoint

Mast Brothers Chocolate
111 N 3rd St
Brooklyn, NY 11249
Williamsburg - North Side

Blue Bottle Coffee
160 Berry St
Brooklyn, NY 11211
b/t 6th St & 5th St
Williamsburg - North Side

Other places you might wanna check out:

BeeHive Oven Biscuit Cafe
182 S 2nd St
Brooklyn, NY 11211
b/t Driggs Ave & Roebling St
Williamsburg - South Side

Moe’s Doughs Donut Shop
126 Nassau Ave
Greenpoint, NY 11222
b/t Eckford St & Mc Guinness Blvd
Greenpoint

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com
Fonts: Code by Fontfabric, Shelter Me by Kimberly Geswein